Mechanical & Design Engineer
Kendall Poole Consulting are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for an Essex based client and world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of market leading chemical technology used in the purification of air. Our client operates in a variety of markets including the medical, military and gas processing sectors and the company continues to experience substantial growth in each of these markets.
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for creating current and conceptual designs and prototyping. The Engineer requires flexibility with shifting objectives and pace based on meeting milestones and supporting group objectives. The Engineer will also be responsible for providing technical direction and guidance to other engineers. The position requires knowledge of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles, including concept, design, development, and testing of mechanical assemblies and components, verification and validation, and process and design validation requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Define design and mechanical systems
- Generate 3D CAD models
- Produce product design specifications
- Development, fabrication & qualification of prototypes for design verification
- Development and execution of bench tests for prototype performance characterisation
- Project schedule creation and maintenance
- Engineering drawing creation and review
- Preparation and execution of Verification and Validation Testing
- Formal test protocol development, review, and execution
- Participation in design and process FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Product Design History File (DHF) document responsibilities
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical Design Engineering discipline
- Solid background in Mechanical Product Design
- Strong background in Physics, able to analyse and model system behaviour
- Experience in plastics design, injection moulding and machining
- Knowledge and experience in transferring designs to manufacturing
- Experience in mechanical design and development of medical devices
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping, material selection, product design and process specifications
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma, Design of Experiments, Statistical Analysis, Design for Manufacturing methods
- Knowledge and experience with medical device materials and biocompatibility testing
- Experience in mechanical or electromechanical assembly design
- Experience in medical product manufacturing and assembly operations
- Experience designing products for high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in product design and development in an R&D environment
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical & Design Engineer to join a company that is experiencing sustained growth and looks forward to a strong and healthy future.
To apply in confidence for this exciting opportunity send your CV and current remuneration package to Helen Regan, Account Manager quoting HR-MDE-2330 or call for a confidential conversation. Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910799