VP Java/Python Lead Developer - Glasgow - Up to £75,000
Empiric Solutions are working with a large investment bank based in Glasgow, they are actively seeking a Java/Python developer to join their global team. The project will see developers working on real-time systems which analyses overnight pricing, risk computation and scenario- driven analysis for a wide range of complex financial products.
The majority of this work will be Greenfield which involves building a new system using Python. Additionally data is being migrated to the Cassandra database.
The successful developer will need to interact with clients and therefore people skills are essential for this role.
The system has been partly designed and will require further input from developers.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Work with different stakeholders to create new technology requirements.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to brainstorm new ideas, whilst working with other teams.
- Providing level 3 production support on an occasional basis.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Hands-on coding - developers are expected to spend the majority of their time in the development of the product.
- 8 years of Java and 4+ years of Python (minimum).
- Knowledge of multi-threading, Spring and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of TDD and unit testing.
- Experience using Sybase and Cassandra.
***Due to the nature of this role candidates must possess EU citizenship***
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912414