Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
The purpose of the role is to support new product introduction, general technical support, participation in and support of sales projects and departmental process improvement.
The successful applicant will have an engineering design background along with AutoCAD 2D & 3D, CFD, and FEA experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Structural and fatigue analysis in support of ancillary equipment development. Includes the use of in-house design tools as well as proprietary FEA software (ANSYS). Requires an understanding of fluid dynamics to optimise fluid-structure interaction.
- Preparation of product qualification programmes and subsequent preparation of design approval reports and performance issue reports.
- Involvement in project management of new product introduction projects. The role will involve participation in at least one development project.
- Technical support both within the business and with external customers. This will involve a certain amount of site visits for commissioning of equipment and trouble- shooting.
- R&D relating to all aspects of the company's technology, involving internal & external resources.
- Development of design methods and software, specification of proprietary software & hardware to contribute to departmental process improvement.
- Participation and supervision of external research projects.
Required skills for the Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Experience with structural design of rotating turbo-machinery.
- Experience with 2D & 3D AutoCAD and FEA is required.
- Aerodynamic design and use of CFD.
- Product development.
- Project management skills.
- Applications and design knowledge.
- Commissioning and performance testing.
- Office computer skills, including programming.
- On time delivery of key tasks within the new product introduction Tollgate process.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects within set timescales and to defined costs.
- Savings for redesign to cost in line with targets.
Person Specification/Profile for the Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Possess an Engineering degree or have equivalent experience.
- Computational and analytical skills are essential as is report writing.
- Ambitious, desire to grow and develop within the organisation.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and project management skills.
- Team working and leading skills. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- A practical, determined and persistent approach to problem-solving.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- The ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910130