Cyber Software Engineer
Cyber Software Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire or Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary
Our client is looking for an inquisitive, dedicated and tenacious Cyber Software Engineer to work on full lifecycle development from analysis, through development and testing to delivery of specialised cyber capabilities. Customer requirements will be highly varied, often requiring bespoke solutions to challenging problems over a wide range of projects, ensuring that work is always diverse and interesting.
- Developing both embedded and application level software.
- Providing technical leadership to other more junior members of the team.
- Interacting with stakeholders during the development cycle.
- Previous exposure to Cyber Security/Information Security projects across secure government, national security, defence, policing and home affairs markets
- Versatility among programming languages
- C, Python
- System level programming in Unix / Linux / Mac OS X
- Application level programming on Linux/Windows
- Computer and Network security
- Good software engineering skills (development practice, use of standard tools and documented design)
- Full development lifecycle
- Team working, technical team leading and oral/written communication
- Taking pride in developing high quality software to solve hard problems
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Security or similar
- C++ and other languages
- Device driver and kernel level programming in Unix like OS's
- Embedded and real time Linux (including Android) and Microsoft Windows
- System administration / Dev Ops
- Appreciation of IP networking and network applications (especially security)
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911347