3rd Line Applications Support
3rd Line Applications Support - AX
Why does the job exist?
Responsible for supporting AX users and other internal application users at the final escalation point. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing user support on the internal ERP system (Dynamics AX 2012)
- Troubleshooting Application issues, bug fixing.
- Optimising the functionality of the internal IT systems, most importantly Dynamics AX
- Taking part in business analysis/ requirement gathering/ specification/ implementation on new and existing projects in IT
Testing fixes and developments before passing on to client to ensure user satisfaction
Reports to which role? Reports to: IT Manager
Supervises which role(s)? Supervises: 1st and 2nd Line Application support
Describe all the key outputs of the job. Include:
- The key areas in which results must be achieved
- The timeframes involved and the frequency with which activities take place
- The primary day-to-day responsibilities & activities of the position. These should represent the "core" of the job duties
- Any requirement for planning and organising - including own workload, that of other people, or the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made by the job holder - is the role advisory or directly responsible? What is the contribution of others? What guidelines are in place to support decision making and problem solving?
NB This is not a task list
- Planning new development requests surrounding support.
- Dealing with consultants and supporting them through a Functional design phase
- Testing new Developments.
- Maintaining User Licenses on Applications
- Supervising and supporting the 1st and 2nd Line
- Working alongside the 3rd line PTS system analyst
- Maintaining a clean database structure
- Adhering to clear escalation process within the team and making sure the 1st and 2nd line understand this.
- Working to a change management process for all major system changes
- Maintaining the helpdesk at a 3rd line level
Internal and External Relationships
- Identify the most significant internal and external relationships
- Describe the purpose, eg negotiating contracts, developing services, managing staff
- Internally: Close working relationships are required with the IT Manager and BI Team, to gain awareness of all aspects of the IT setup internally and to drive weekly planning.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- List any qualifications required to perform the job.
- Be specific in terms of the type of knowledge and skills required.
- Specify any requirement for previous experience - focus on the type or experiences needed rather than length of time
- High level knowledge of AX 2012 all modules
- IT Diploma or higher
- SQL Query and database knowledge
- Experience of CRM systems
- Strong proven IT support skills
Job Context and Special Features
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Internal and/or external
- Requirement for flexibility to cover relevant activities of other team members, when necessary
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909186