£35-38K + Good benefits
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Controls Engineer to join a world leading manufacturer heavy duty special purpose Machines and capital equipment used in various industries.
As a Controls Engineer, your main responsibility is to
- Working with other electrical/electronic design engineers to develop control systems hardware and PLC software for both current and future equipment.
- Responsibilities will include: conceptual design, electrical CAD technical documentation, BOMs, design calculations and feasibility studies.
- You will also undertake Siemens programming and have exposure to some design work.
- You will be working in a progressive team of multi-disciplined engineers within the overall engineering department and a flexible approach is essential.
Experience required for the Controls Engineer role
- You will have a number of years? experience in a manufacturing industry designing special purpose control systems for machines or capital equipment.
- You will be a team player and be willing to take direction and learn from senior design engineers.
- You will be well organized and able to communicate effectively with customers, senior management, both internal and external.
- Previous use of Elecworks or similar electrical CAD software package or similar software for circuit design is essential.
- HND or Degree level in control/electrical/electronic or related engineering subjects or HNC with relevant experience.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage: Siemens S7, Allan Bradley & Mitsubishi experience also an advantage.
- Knowledge of SCADA and HMI and motor drive programming would be an advantage.
- Manufacturing industry experience is essential.
- A good level of practical ability is desirable.
- Good general PC skills including all MS Office packages desirable.
- A general knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering would be useful
To apply to this role, or find out about any other PLC Controls Engineer positions with Kadtech, please forward your CV to ***************** or Call Max Kadim on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910644