Client has specialised for many years in the design and manufacture of bespoke equipment.
As well as manufacturing and fitting their own range of products, they also supply a number of other products including controls, adaptations, and complete systems.
They have ambitious growth plans, to be realised through the continuous improvement and development of existing products, and the design and introduction of new innovative products, to satisfy worldwide demand.
This also provides the opportunity for clients design department to place themselves ahead of its competitors and exceed the expectations of its customer base.
This exciting and challenging role provides creative opportunity for a creative Design Engineer who enjoys challenge, is innovative and self-motivated, with a drive to succeed. Their creative environment results in almost all of their new products enjoying patent protection and their designers being registered as inventors in this highly specialised and niche field.
Client is looking for an individual with a mechanical engineering background, with strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms. You will be required to:-
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD ? Project Evidence Required.
- Experienced in the development and introduction of New Products to satisfy demanding end user considerations.
- Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
- Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet constraints on budget and product performance.
- Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture
- Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
- Ability to focus and drive projects to conclusion across multiple disciplines to time and cost constraints.
Candidates with Extensive experience in Product Design with a mechanical bias would be considered.
- Possesses a passion to succeed and make a difference to the customer
- Enthusiastic and Energetic with a positive ?Can Do? attitude
- An excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally
- Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
- Good organisational skills, the ability to work on own initiative and contribute to the continuous improvement philosophy which exists within the company
- Understanding of principles of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Excellent command of the English Language (Both written and spoken)
- Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911763