Second line network engineer
As a Network Engineer, you will be employed to undertake a varied range of BAU support on all network products for the businesses customers. The Service Desk operates from 08:00 to 20:00 7 days a week in the UK and services multiple customers.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and undertake training courses as well as having the chance to work on an on-going project which will offer challenges and change throughout the duration and allowing you to work alongside a broad range of different clients. Due to the nature of the businesses customers, you will be supporting a broad range of the latest technologies.
These are the essential skills for this opportunity
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Cisco, HP, Juniper and Dell Switches and Cisco, ASA & Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Desirable: CNNA/CCNP and/or CCDA certification or equivalent
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- A knowledge of Meraki & Meru
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and SolarWinds
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software life cycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance.
Please get in contact if you are interested by applying, emailing ********************** or ring ************* and ask for Harry. Many thanks.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915515