Senior Software Engineer
At Kainos we change the way the world uses technology, and how that technology interacts with you. We deliver difficult digital programmes in challenging environments that have real, measured, benefits and positive impacts on millions. We do not do easy and we thrive on challenge.
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Level: Senior Associate
Reports to: Technical Lead
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Senior Software Engineer in Kainos, you?ll be responsible for developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide. You?ll work as part of a team and report into the Technical Lead. It?s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You?ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Proficient in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications
- Experience of applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance
- Experience of contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story / requirement creation
- Experience of design and development across multiple layers of an application
- Experience of mentoring junior team members
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
- Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non-technical audiences
- Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
- Experience of balancing technical decisions with user needs and commercial constraints
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people?s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910711