At Kainos we change the way the world uses technology, and how that technology interacts with you. We deliver difficult digital programmes in challenging environments that have real, measured, benefits and positive impacts on millions. We do not do easy and we thrive on challenge.
Job title:Software Engineer
Reports to: Technical Lead
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Software Engineer in Kainos, you?ll be responsible for developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide. You?ll work as part of a team and report to the Technical Lead. You?ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Experience of building and testing modern software applications
- Experience of applying common design principles and patterns
- Experience of working in a collaborative team environment
- Exposure to modern version control and Continuous Delivery pipeline techniques
- Experience of troubleshooting issues within development and test environments
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and data storage technologies: SQL/NOSQL
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to other technical people and, sometimes, non-technical people
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people?s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910490