Senior Industrial Engineer
I am working with a Leading Product Design company who are looking to recruit a Senior Industrial Engineer for a 2 year fixed term contract, due to business growth and development of the new product range.
- A pivotal role in our Design & Development team at the core of the business. Responsible for Designing products across our diverse product portfolio you will lead & deliver new innovative products which meet consumer, user and Brand needs.
- Working cross functionally to pull together all necessary design elements of research, metrics, engineering, compliance and Integrity. Resulting in relevant, tangible and commercial product opportunities.
- A strategic thinker, with an ability to energise and excite your colleagues and wider team, you will initiate creative ideation workshops to generate and filter new innovative ideas.
- Focusing on Usability, Ergonomics and the Aesthetics in terms of Fit, Feel and Finish and Semantic qualities you will champion our visual brand language and create a family of products that have consistent visual handwriting.
- You will be highly skilled at presenting ideas and physical concepts via sketching, rendering, CAD design and prototypes.
- With an inquisitive nature and inspired by everything around you, you will be excited by the prospect of inspiring the team with global trends, new materials, insights and new product launches.
- As a good listener you will enjoy mentoring Designers providing direction, setting standards and managing workload and expectations.
- As a confident presenter you will relish the challenge of selling in ideas and communicate both formally and informally to senior management to gain buy in.
- Establish strong stakeholder relationships with the Engineering, Development, Integrity, Technical, Marketing, compliance teams and board of directors.
- Be up to date with competitor, price points, products, features and benefits.
- Meet and exceed expectations for project deliverables in terms of product specification, cost targets and time plan.
Skills, Qualifications and Competence
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Product Design / Industrial Design discipline.
- Experience in the design, development, Engineering and Manufacturing of products preferably consumer durables.
- Experience of leading a team of designers.
- Appreciation of a faced paced environment is a distinct advantage.
- Good Broad knowledge of materials (plastics/ metals) and processes for mass production.
- Understand best practice for tooling design
- Experience of Consumer research and running focus groups, hall tests and user trials.
- Experienced in ideation and conceptualization.
- Experienced in CAD (preferably Solid works).
- Proficient Sketcher.
- Experienced in Keyshot.
- Experienced in Adobe CS package.
My client is looking to pay a salary circa £35,000 - £42,000 + pension + 25 days holiday + life assurance. My client is looking to interview the end of January to apply please send your most up to date CV to Rachael Dormer today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909185