Software Tester Apprentice
At Civica, our people matter. They're the ones who build long lasting relationships with our customers. The ones with the ideas. The ones who make the ideas happen and the ones who bring our brand to life.
Does this sound like the business for you?
We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious individual, who is looking to develop their career working for a leading IT-based service provider.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Software Tester Apprentice in a leading supplier of Software and IT Systems to the Health and Care market, based in the Altrincham area.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment within an experienced team to ensure that our products meet the needs of our customers. You will have an important role, ensuring the quality of our software and preventing defects. You will learn to test software in a professional manner to the latest industry best practice.
You will be mentored and supported throughout your apprenticeship gaining essential hands on experience of working in a software company developing client server, mobile and web based applications.
You will be involved in the full lifecycle of a product from inception through to release and maintenance.
You will be placed on internal Civica courses on customer service skills, time management and managing relationships to help develop your professionalism and competence.
At the end of the apprenticeship you will have achieved an industry recognised Level 3 qualification in Software Development, as well as other industry recognised IT certifications and have a great opportunity to gain full time employment with Civica.
Main role/ responsibilities
Duties will include some of the following:
- Working with Product Managers and developers to help define and clarify requirements for new functionality
- Write and run test scripts for new functionality and change requests
- Maintain and run regression test scripts
- Raise defects and verify defect fixes
- Exploratory Testing
- Replicate defects raised by customers during alpha and beta testing
- Liaise with customers during beta test
- Alpha test bug fixes found in live software prior to issuing hotfixes
- Confidence testing of new builds / patches
- Planning work and providing estimates for test effort needed for changes and regression tests
- Help with running performance and load tests
- Producing internal builds and deploying to test environments
- Write and execute automated tests for new software providing interfaces to our main product
- Contribute to continuous improvements in software quality within Civica.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is excited by the thought of playing an important part in a complex and interesting organisation
- Wants to deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Has a committed attitude to developing a career within the software industry
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has experience of working on their own initiative and within a team environment
- Has good analytical skills
- Is organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Is a proactive self-starter and a quick learner
- Has a positive 'can do' attitude
- Have 6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths
- And GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
Things to consider before you apply
You will need to be a details person. You will be expected to be able to break down problems, systematically investigate issues and write clear replication steps and communicate those problems with other team members.
Depending on the cycle of development, the job may involve long periods of time re-running previously defined tests to ensure the product stability has not decreased.
Although the job will provide a variety of task related to software testing, the emphasis will be on the quality of the testing, testing in a systematic manner and the accurate logging of defects to communicate issues effectively.
- This apprenticeship provides a real opportunity to start your career within IT; providing a clear route for progression, as you will be joining Civica who are investing in developing your future career
- You will be joining a team who enjoy quarterly team building events and pizza to boot
- You will be provided with access to online training and will be part of the Civica Academy where you can access career developing training
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914564