Apprentice Leisure Attendant
Apprentice Leisure Attendant - Oak Tree Leisure Centre
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship - Level 2 in Leisure Operations
Salary: £129.50 per week
Hours: Range from 06:00am - 22:30pm, Monday - Sunday
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at our Oak Tree Leisure Centre to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Operations of the Centre and that all procedures for the area are up to date and followed.
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme.
You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives.
Your duties will include:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures (SMS in Leisure)
- Ensure that the centre is clean and ready for use and is maintained in a tidy manner and carry out a variety of cleaning tasks as required
- Setting up equipment in the allotted time ready for the commencement of the various activities that take place in the facility.
- Ensuring that any faults are immediately reported to the line manager
- To carry out all physical tasks following the correct procedures in line with any risk assessment and manual handling procedure and guidelines
- Exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliance provided, used or issued
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Provide cover for front of house as required, ensuring that all processes are followed (including but not limited to taking bookings, dealing with enquiries, using booking and till systems, correct accounting of cash
- To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information
- To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints
- To attend meetings, training and supervision/development sessions as required
- Ensure that the Health and Safety at Work Act is adhered to with particular reference to the duty of care provision to both the general public and colleagues alike
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required in accordance with the duties and responsibilities indicated, and which are appropriate to the post covered by this job outline
Requirements and Prospectus
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
· High quality customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to empathise and work with customers of all age groups
· Health and safety awareness
· Commitment to and understanding of diversity & equality
· A reasonable standard of personal fitness for undertaking physical tasks
· An open, honest, approachable and outgoing personality
· Able to respond positively to change
· High personal integrity and motivation
· A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
· Confident and professional
· To utilise annual leave during periods when the building is closed – normally over Christmas/New Year
3 GCSE passes or equivalent
You will also need to complete an on-line initial assessment, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
Serco is a multi-national company that is able to offer a wide range of career and further job opportunities both within the UK and worldwide.On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79152936