Salary: up to £40,000 + benefits
Let?s start with the facts
The client aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK?s leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, they have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000 + annual retail sales, up to 5,000 cars in group stock at any one time, over 500 employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
The job in a nutshell
Technology is at the heart of our customer and colleague experiences and we see this as core to delivering on our purpose to lead the evolution of the automotive marketplace. A successful, rapidly growing business with over 8 million website visitors a year and we get some unusual and interesting technical challenges. We are looking for a highly talented Developer to join our in-house team who are responsible for the design and development of our award-winning website as well as our leading edge omni-channel used car retailing platform. You will be working in a fun, dynamic environment with a highly motivated group of people.
What you will be doing
- Work as part of our existing team to develop and evolve our internal business management systems.
- Take a project from inception through to delivery by being involved in the full software development lifecycle.
- Take business requirements and build design documents.
- Support team in resolving technical issues and challenges.
What we expect from you
As a thriving successful company, we are very selective about whom we employ and our Developer role is a Senior Management role within our Business. As a growing and performing business we can certainly help you fulfil your career aspirations.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the following:
- A software developer with significant experience.
- Degree qualified in a suitable area.
- Ideally experienced in a retail / e-commerce environment.
- Experience with modern programming languages, i.e. Java, Grails, Python
- Building high-performance, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
- Object-orientated programming.
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code.
- Preparation and production of product releases.
- Linux command line usage.
- Full software development lifecycle including Agile software development.
- Linux shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of the Grails development framework.
- Knowledge of relational databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC and REST.
You will also need to hold a full UK Driving License
We are absolutely committed to making sure our Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- 22 days? holiday that increases with length of service, plus Bank Holidays
- BUPA Private medical insurance options
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Assurance scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914973