Our client is a world leader in the manufacture, installation and maintenance of environmental solutions and equipment for the power generation and engineering construction sectors.
Due to a substantial increase in workload they are currently looking for and experienced Commercial Engineer to join the team at their Doncaster office.
The main duties of the role will include: -
- Working with contract managers to ensure that contractual obligations on the contracts are met.
- Ensure that the change management process within the business is maintained, expediting inputs from the different departments/personnel to allow timely application of claim notices both internally and externally to the business.
- Support of the Sales and Business development functions in negotiations, and undertake contract vets with the support of legal department as necessary.
- Communicating with all parties in a contract so that all understand the terms and conditions. Preparation of commercial summaries and presentation to the project teams required.
- Assesses risks and opportunities, and ensure that contract Risk Registers are updated.
- Participate in the lessons learned process.
- Work closely with the Finance department to ensure cost forecasting is accurate.
- Work with all Project Functions to ensure financial and commercial controls are in place.
- Undertake financial aspects in support of the contract manager, including the raising of invoices as per the contract.
- Support the Contract Managers in negotiations, including the development of claims and variations as required.This is initially a contract position for a period of around 6 months with a possibility of a permanent role for the right person
- In addition, the following attributes would be useful: -
- The successful applicant will be a qualified Quantity Surveyor ideal with membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to Prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Strong Communication Skills,
- Strong Negotiating ability.
- Strong Problem-Solving Capabilities.
- Working understanding of models of contracts, ideally to include NEC 3 and FIDIC.
- Ideally experience in complex engineering projects.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to us quoting job reference DON-QUA
Thorncote Group is an independent Recruitment Agency based in the East Midlands specialising in the placement of permanent and temporary blue and white collar engineering, commercial and industrial personnel. In this instance we are operating as a Recruitment Business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910247