Solution Architect/ Technical Design Authority
Salary: Market rate
Hunter Macdonald are currently looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to our clients. Based in Derby, this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious and forward thinking technology enabled organisations in the UK.
Professional skills/ experience required
- Extensive experience as a large enterprise Solutions Architect, capable of providing technical stewardship and driving successful initiatives to achieve desired goals
- Background in technical excellence, must have a strong technical understanding of at least one key infrastructure area
- Experience of working with external and internal suppliers to develop solutions
- Experience with large scale projects and programmes
- Demonstrate experience of working in high-pressure, delivery-based working environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and flexible approach to their work
- Demonstrate well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong Stakeholder Management including communication to C-level executives
- Demonstrate ability to drive a team from the front
- Demonstrate ability to influence, build and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to work with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrate adversity management experience (handling resistance, difficult people etc.)
- Demonstrate strong documentation skills
- Demonstrate structured thinking
Desirable Technical Qualifications
- Current Microsoft MCSE in one of the 4 areas (Productivity, Cloud, Mobility or Data)
- Current Cisco CCNP or higher
- Any current qualification in major infrastructure vendors (Amazon, Google, VMWare, F5, Citrix etc)
Desirable Project Qualifications
- Current Prince2 Practitioner qualification
- Current PMI qualification (PMP or CAPM)
Desirable Service Management Qualifications
- ITILv3 qualifications above foundation level (any intermediates, ideally to Expert or Master)
Hunter Macdonald is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector.
We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the world and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across a number of different sectors.
Hunter Macdonald have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all permanent members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
If you are interested in being a part of our continued success please let us know. if you are not successful in this opportunity we will keep your CV on our database for review against future opportunities'.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914487