Careers Advisor- West Suffolk College -Bury St Edmunds -£20,664 to £22,716 depending on experience, 37 hours per week 52 weeks of the year.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Careers Advisor to join our expanding Careers Team here at West Suffolk College. We are looking for someone who is vibrant, enthusiastic and dedicated to helping young people succeed. This opportunity not only offers a very competitive salary range but also an attractive benefits packages which is inclusive of a lucrative pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free training and also numerous money saving options with local organisations.
The purpose of this role is to provide impartial, high quality information, advice and guidance to our students and prospective students to assist them in making future career choices and to provide a careers service tailored to the needs of individual learners.
- Provide impartial careers guidance to individuals, both on a one-to-one basis and in group sessions
- Deliver initial advice and guidance to prospective college learners as part of the student recruitment process.
- Assist students with exploring opportunities and making decisions in education; training and work; progression routes and choices.
- Support students throughout the UCASapplication process
- Work as part of the outreach team to engage schools in promotional and transition activities
- Provide a one-stop-shop service for providing outstanding resources for both students and employers. Assist in connecting students to local businesses for both future employment and part-time vacancies.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Qualified at level 4 in Advice and guidance (Essential)
- Qualified or working towards Level 6 in Career Guidance and Development (desirable)
- Educated to First Degree Level (desirable)
- Demonstrate experience in careers guidance in both groups and one to one
For more information, please contact
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy, please ensure that your CV is up to date and all relevant information to this job role is clearly visible. If you have not heard from myself or one of my colleagues within 14 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 the College operates a policy of equality and diversity which protects employees, students, and people who access the College's goods, services and facilities, from discrimination on the basis of 'protected characteristics', which include: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race (colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins.); religion or belief; sex; and sexual orientation.
The College collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal
Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please inform a member of HR.
Closing date; 31st January 2018
Interview date; 07th February 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79171888