Lecturer in Engineering
Based in Walsall our FE client is committed to achieving excellence across the board and has been formally recognised with a range of prestigious accreditations and awards, including Grade 1, Outstanding in its latest OFSTED inspection.
They have a permanent requirement for an Engineering Lecturer to provide an outstanding educational experience on a range of courses through teaching, learning and assessment, which will enable learners to maximise their potential: skilled, professional and enterprising.
Factors that will be crucial in ensuring recruitment, retention and success are maximised and that the learners experience is enhanced are:
- The development of courses that meet the needs of the learners, and utilise effectively multiple and diverse teaching and learning strategies, permits the learners to access a full range of resources and affords comprehensive assessment opportunity.
- The maintenance of effective data relating to individual learners targets, progression, achievement and destination.
- The effective implementation and monitoring of support programmes including personal tutorials, welfare reviews, value added programmes and enrichment activities.
- To ensure all learners achieve and make progress through practices to meet learning outcomes by the appropriate use of new technology.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide teaching, learning and assessment:
- Participate in the interviewing, enrolment and induction of learners.
- Provide teaching and learning whether in the classroom, workshop and other external venues where appropriate.
- Deliver Maths and English at an appropriate level to the requirement of the students’ programme of study.
- On-going marking and assessing of students’ Maths and English in everything they do, promoting a positive Maths and English ethos.
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans.
- Provide on-going assessment and feedback to learners by setting and marking work both relevant and appropriate with the course.
- Provide appropriate academic and/or vocational support to individual learners, referring them, where appropriate, to other agencies.
- Contribute to the wider enrichment of learners.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional learning environment.
- Ensure resource material and teaching reflect best practice, contributing to the quality of provision as measured by retention, attendance, success rates, grades and value added.
- Participate in appropriate quality assurance procedures.
- Prepare learners for a range of accreditation and assessments.
- Maintain accurate and detailed student records, including setting targets, grades, monitoring and reviewing progress and contributing to reports and references.
- Set and monitor learner targets and ILPs according to College Policy.
- Participate in parents’ evenings, open evenings/days, recruitment, learner events, award events, conferences and other marketing events.
Act as a Tutor to a groups of learners:
- Provide time-tabled, academic, vocational and pastoral support to learners.
- Provide teaching, learning and assessment on both a group and one to one basis.
- Maintain links with employers, parents, partners, awarding bodies and take responsibility for the day to day needs of the learners.
- Provide inspirational leadership of learning within a subject/ER Engineering department.
- Leadership of a course within the ER Engineering department offer, where appropriate.
- Development, formation and monitoring of courses within the ER Engineering department offer.
- Link with, inform and support Trainer Assessors within the ER Engineering department.
- Contribute pro-actively to the quality assurance and quality improvement of courses within the ER Engineering department offer and the self-assessment process.
- Contribute to the development of the College’s strategic direction.
- Successful experience of designing and delivering teaching and learning in a 14-19 curriculum.
- Delivery of English, Maths and Functional Skills in conjunction with the main programme.
- Proven knowledge of subject area. Up to date knowledge of the Ofsted and QAA for Higher Education Inspectorate process.
- Up to date knowledge of the QAA for Higher Education Inspectorate process.
- Teaching Qualification, i.e. DTLLS, Cert. Ed/PGCE, or equivalent. If you do not have the above qualification you will be committed to work towards in line with contractual requirements.
- Level 2 in English and Level 2 in Maths. An appropriate Level 3 qualification in the subject area.
This role is subject to DBS check