Within the online team our client are building a new commercial function ? this role is to lead the merchandising activities. The role will be focused on driving online sales across these products, through delivering best practice online execution, including product life cycle management, optimizing sales, analyzing performance, conducting AB tests and working closely with the content team.
- Day to day trading of the category to maximise sales and profit
- Merchandising product daily based upon sales trends and promotional calendar
- Delivering an online experience that showcases the quality of our products
- Owning the merchandising of the category, including executing all relevant promotions on time and reflecting the customer plan
- Owning product workflow, to ensure that the correct products are displayed with the relevant imagery and content
- Commercially leverage content to drive sales
- Ensure the category is legally compliant
- Competitor analysis and take reactive action as required to maintain our agreed market positioning.
- Production of trading analysis and recommendations in conjunction with commercial and analytical teams
- Optimising the taxonomy.
- Identify potential development requirements.
Skills and Attributes:
- Organisational skills
- Eye for detail.
- Flexible and proactive with change.
- Communication ? Clear and concise, influential
- Analytical ? able to digest and understand numbers and determine their meaning
- Target driven & able to work under pressure ? detail oriented
- Customer centric approach
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Strong IT skills
- Strong marketing knowledge
- 3 years + experience working in an online trading role ? ideally within retail or a consumer electronics brand
- Able to demonstrate successfully growing sales in a pragmatic manner.
- Ideally experience of trading/working with either of the Hybris or Adobe E-Commerce platforms
- Analytical ? experience of using GA and Omniture
- Basic copy writing and Photoshop skills desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
- Basic annual salary depending upon experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 15% discretionary performance based bonus per annum (following successful completion of probation period)
- Defined Contribution Pension (up to 4% employee, up to 8.5% employer)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 4x Life Assurance
- £35 per month Flexible Benefits allowance (following successful completion of probation period), e.g. gym, travel insurance, life assurance, health assessment, dental insurance, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909056