Senior Design Engineer/ Product Engineer- Engines
Senior Design Engineer /Product Engineer
Engines up to £55k
Our Client a Global based Manufacturer require Engineers to strengthen their team and can consider either Engineer or Senior Engineer level.
As a result of an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking talented Engineers with a strong background in engine related component and system design and verification from concept to volume production.
Responsibilities of the Design / Senior Engineer:
This important new role involves
- Generation of innovative engineering solutions working as part of a fast paced team.
- System and component level design and refinement to achieve the defined package, cost, performance and durability targets, through close liaison with external suppliers and internal stakeholders such as purchasing, manufacturing and operations.
- For the Senior position: engineering lead role for one or more engine systems within a new engine product or product extension, including definition and validation of detailed system and component technical specifications..
- Supervision or completion of scheme design, detailed design, design analysis, tolerance stack, and design release. Support to machine teams to ensure package suitable for machine installation, including verification of assembly process and hot test.
- Generation and maintenance of component, function, and engine DFMEA and DVPSOR, application guides, installation manuals, and internal standards. Provide support to PFMEA process.
- Organisation of detailed change trackers, plans for each component including lead times and verification to support internal gate reviews and ensure on-time delivery of product launch.
- Organisation of component and engine level test including rig, dyno and machine fleet trials to demonstrate robustness and achieve Engineering Sign Off
- Supplier management and liaison including selection, design, manufacturing, APQP and warranty reviews including 8D. Willingness to travel to supplier and sub-supplier sites considered essential.
- Commissioning and/or completion of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) in support of design decisions as required to ensure that systems are Virtual Engineered robustly
Expectations of the Design Engineer:
Qualified to degree / HND level in Mechanical Engineering or a similar relevant subject.
Must have previous experience in a similar design role in powertrain or engines or related components.
For the Senior Engineer:
· Background in one of the following areas:
· Air handling
· Turbocharger specification, application, issue resolution and package
· Fuel systems,
· Lubrication and crankcase ventilation
· Front end accessory drive
· Extensive proven experience working in a similar role with a major engine manufacturer or Tier1 supplier.
· Lead system engineer experience through at least one project including supplier management and customer liaison.
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
- Support for continuous career development.
- Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
- Discounted health and dental care schemes.
- Sports facilities.
For more information or to appy please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79169904