Category Manager - Homewares
My client is looking for an established Buyer or Senior Buyer to join their team as a Category Manager. The person in this role will have full autonomy of their division with the ability to bring in new lines and makes changes within one of the businesses biggest categories.
A very well established interior retail business based in Bristol. Looking for a new Senior member to join the team as a Category Manager - Homewares. The business is highly profitable and has seen strong YOY growth over the past few years.
The role of Category Manager - Homewares would involve:
- Assume overall responsibility for key supplier relationships and deliver on KPIs to demonstrate ROI, identification of growth opportunities and execution of business plans
- Build strong supplier relationships to ensure that there is a long standing partnership and that there is profitable growth for both parties.
- Demonstrate strong strategic planning and project management skills to ensure that revenue targets are hit as well as leading group negotiations with suppliers.
- Be accountable for all commercial category strategy activities under your control including sales, price, promotions, range, space utilisation, availability and quality to optimise category performance
- Take ownership for and evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development opportunities, return-on-investment, profit-loss projections and end to end costs.
- Lead on prioritising and influencing the best ways to improve category planning processes and efficiency's on any aspect of product supply and distribution to maximise efficiency and reduce cost.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and maximum end to end profitability of products lines.
- Review economic or commercial surveys to identify and explore potential markets for products within the category influencing colleagues across the business in order to secure resources, gain commitment or inform on progress of the category
- Influence and drive end to end category management activities against the business plan, delivering increased availability, sku reduction plans, supplier optimisation and global sourcing, working in collaboration with key stakeholders where necessary
- Lead on major category reviews and re-launches with all relevant functions to ensure direction of the project is clear and is delivered on time
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons for performance within your category and take remedial actions where necessary for optimum range performance, working in collaboration and influencing others where necessary
- Develop and influence others on an in depth understanding and insights into the customer experience and apply to all trading activities that will deliver competitive advantage
- Work closely with all key stakeholders to influence and deliver against space optimisation and other key trading plans.
- Work closely with all key stakeholders to establish and develop optimisation of in store visual quantities to enable an enhanced customer experience
- Provide clear strategic direction to the key stakeholders within the Trading floor and across other relevant areas of the business for all aspects of your category across all channels
As a Category Manager - Homewares in Bristol you will have:
- Significant senior management experience within Retail
- Buying experience desirable, with a passion for product development and market trends.
- Understanding of the key department objectives (Space Planning, Marketing, Retail, Inventory, DC)
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to articulate the corporate vision and translate that into effective strategic initiatives and operational plans.
- Strong commercial acumen supported by sound judgement.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive and proven achievement, at a senior level.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
£40,000 - £50,000 + competitive package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79031434