Senior Software Security Engineer
Senior Software Security Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - £44,000
Would you like a hands-on role where you will be looking at the product security on a large number of platforms? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Senior Software Security Engineer.
As a Senior Software Security Engineer, you will be developing and testing software security lockdown solutions for several projects and products. This will ultimately contribute to the Systems being security accredited for use on operational platforms. The majority of work will involve configuration of Windows domains through Active Directory Group Policy and other COTS products to secure the Windows Operating System.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a large team where you can learn from your peers and get involved in a broad range of activities.
- Developing security solution using Active Directory and COTS
- Undertaking Windows configuration through PowerShell and/or scripts
- Performing on-kit investigations into issues discovered
- Supporting software acceptance and CTAS activities
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Windows server admin experience with detailed knowledge of Active Directory group policies, the Windows firewall, AppLocker and security COTS apps such as HPPT
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Windows 7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 configuration
- Networks (architecture and protocols)
- Virtual machines and VMware ESXi
- General purpose scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell)
- General integration and problem solving techniques
- Experience with any of the following:
- Naval Management Systems
- Configuration Management
- System Design
- System Test
- You will be self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative
- You will have a logical approach to problem solving and will be at home working in an innovative area of the business
- You must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK as part of this role
- Our client offers an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan
- Our client also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909426