Assistant Assurance Manager - Government Regulator
Good numerical and analytical skills, with an excellent attention to detail are essential
A government regulator for electricity and downstream natural gas markets is seeking to make improvements to the standard operating procedures (SOPs) in their E-Service business, by aligning all SOPs into a standard format. My client is looking to recruit two Assistant Assurance Managers to review the SOPs in each area of E-Serve, communicating with various stakeholders to ensure the SOPs are current and then transposing the information in all the SOPs into a new format.
Your new role
- Working with the Senior Assurance Manager to identify and ensure the existence of the SOPs that are held by the different schemes across E-Serve.
- Understand the referencing system developed for document control.
- Transpose the information from the current versions of SOPs across E-Serve into a new SOP format.
- Ensuring the links within each SOP are active and logging any that are inactive.
- Placing a copy of all the current SOPs into a new archive SOP area within SharePoint and placing all changed SOPs into the appropriate new folder in SharePoint.
- Keeping an Excel log of all changes to SOPs made with appropriate commentary.
Specifically the role will undertake the following:-
- Accessing all current SOPs in E-Serve to ensure they are exist
- Maintaining excel logs of all changes made to SOPs
- Creating SharePoint files to store current SOPs and newly changed SOPs
- Transposing information from one procedure format into a newer format
- Ensuring the new referencing and numbering system is followed for all newly created SOPs
- Take on additional tasks outside of core responsibilities from time to time
What you'll need to succeed
- Good numerical and analytical skills, with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to review processes and documents such as operating procedures and guidance documents created by other teams
- Good written and oral communication skills, the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues
- IT knowledge, including experience of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to manage logs, etc. using these applications
- Interpersonal skills; a flexible approach and the ability to work well within and across teams and proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Organisational skills; the ability to proactively prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Experience of working within a controlled document management system
- Understanding of business operations and Standard Operating Procedures
- Good co-ordination skills
What you'll get in return
This is a full-time six week assignment. The role falls in-scope of IR35 and is paying £17.01ph Premium PAYE / £18.66ph Umbrella LTD (~£28,150pa).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79147068