IT Services Engineer
A great opportunity to join a growing local IT technical services organisation.
A "Can do" attitude is seen as a key reason for this company's success. A number of accreditations are retained annually with major Blue chip players such as Microsoft, Fujitsu and HP.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Microsoft Technician to join their existing team with immediate effect. The successful applicant will ideally be from a Managed Service background, experienced in all things "Cloud" including Hosted Servers and Office 365. We are not just looking for people to maintain systems and "exist" on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will receive considerable support in achieving their full potential, candidates are expected to challenge the norm, have fresh ideas and make a difference.
This is a dynamic environment where new installations utilising the latest tried and tested IT solutions are a frequent part of our operation.
This is a diverse technical role dealing with small to medium SME clients, utilising mainstream technologies such as Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V, LAN & WAN Networking solutions as well as the latest Cloud services. The ideal candidate will be a key part of a highly motivated technical team and have excellent customer interaction skills. An ability to document customer issues and articulate in non-technical jargon are essential. Our client has always remained at the leading edge of technology therefore, candidates are expected to have a flexible approach to work and be able to pass mainstream certification exams as needed by the business.
* Provide on-site, remote, email and telephone support
* Diagnose and troubleshoot both hardware and software support requests
* Monitor SLA's and prioritise work to stay within SLA's
* Assist the account managers with correctly sizing and configuring solutions
* Assist with installation rollouts
* Complete on-site scheduled health checks
* Have a flexible approach and attitude
Essential Skills / Experience:
* Experience of supporting and installing Windows Servers
* Active Directory and Group Policy configurations
* Experience of supporting desktop and mobile devices
* To be familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to support users on all the common tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
* Current cloud services, including Office 365 migration and administartion
* Networking solutions, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN technologies and VOIP (Desirable)
* You will have at least 2 years' experience in a role where you have provided IT support to multiple clients
* A full and clean UK driving license.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 9.00-17.00 and the salary depends on experience, but will be between £22-30k with the use of a company vehicle.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959908788