This is the ideal opportunity to gain experience working on large digital products used by millions of people every day. Let's be clear about the impact of your work, making better digital services has a positive impact on millions of people. The ideal candidate will have a degree in design or similar, have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together. You will proactively seek new learning opportunities and welcome constructive criticism of your work.
The main responsibilities of post are:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful services
- Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Contributing to the development and continual enhancement of products
- Partnering with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience.
- Building relationships and work effectively with external providers, for example user testing and user experience professionals.
- Disseminating expertise of how design decisions impact accessibility both internally and externally.
- Communicating credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - COMPETENCES/SKILLS REQUIRED
Changing and Improving
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value - give people space to think creatively
- Effectively capture, utilise and share customer insight and views from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure better policy and delivery
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
Making Effective Decisions
- Draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data - able to act or decide even when details are not clear
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allow unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
Leading and Communicating
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Be open and inviting of the views of others and respond despite pressure to ignore, revert or concede
Collaborating and Partnering
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across departmental and other boundaries
- Actively involve partners to deliver a business outcome through collaboration that achieves a better result for citizens
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
Delivering at Pace
- Clarify business priorities, roles and responsibilities and secure individual and team ownership
- Act as a role model in supporting and energising teams to build confidence in their ability to deliver outcomes
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
Managing a Quality Service
- Exemplify positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- Establish how the business area compares to customer service expectations and industry best practice and identify necessary improvements in plan
- Ensure the service offer thoroughly considers customers needs and a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
Specialist Skills / Expertise
- Demonstrates expertise designing interactions professionally for the web and mobile.
- Solid experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping.
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959908830