Junior Merchandiser (JM001)
We are currently looking for a Junior Merchandiser to contribute to the delivery of Category performance and achieve the annual budget by supporting the Merchandiser to manage the activity required at line level to generate forecasts and plan in-take.
They will create and control financial plans for selected Merchandise areas that support the overall commercial business strategy. Working with the Head of Merchandise to lead the Category planning, in-season category performance and open to buy processes through effective WSSI control and robust analysis to make effective profit creation and retention decisions.
- Take an active (lead) role in the creation of strategy and setting the financial plans to deliver this
- Manage in-bound stock for range change to hit the launch targets and provide regular up-dates to the whole Team
- Monitor weekly performance and make recommendations for forecasting/ ordering activity to ensure a successful in-season execution and deliver the target availability across the chains
- In line with the Category, take accountability for achieving all key performance indicators (sales, stock, margin and markdown)
- Regularly review and report on Supplier performance, understand the Supplier strategy, provide regular Supplier forecasts (using Manugistics) in order to optimise the supply and stock holding parameters
- Ensure promotional lines are correctly forecasted and the in-takes managed to optimise the short selling opportunity and highlight and propose action on failed promotional lines
- Generate stock in-take in line with the agreed Open To Buy and capacity allowances
- Build close relationships with supplier counterparts to ensure a continuity of supply and to minimise failed deliveries through an effective management of progress chasing
You will need:
- A Marketing/Merchandising/Retail/Business Degree.
- Knowledge and experience of planning and forecasting tools and principles e.g. Manugistics.
- Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
- Experience of both the Electricals market and products.
- Experience using Business Objects.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79162006