Design Engineer - Product Design
I am working with a Leading Product Design company who are looking to recruit a Design Engineer for a 2 year fixed term contract, due to business growth and development of the new product range.
- Apply expertise in engineering principles to generate and develop novel solutions to mechanical & electro mechanical problems.
- Validate concepts through varied means.
- Resolve technical detail; produce engineering BOMs, drawings and product specifications.
- Meet and exceed expectations for technical deliverables in terms of specification, cost and time.
- Develop products that meet all aesthetic & brand expectations.
- Work closely with the wider internal NPD, Integrity, Compliance teams, Manufacturing and External Far East Suppliers, and Hong Kong Office.
- Evaluate alternative materials/ processes to propose improvements to product reliability and reduce product cost.
- Travel to Far East & European suppliers to build key relationships, and understand supplier capabilities.
- Have market awareness of all key competitors, price points, products, features and benefits.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all technical issues are promptly identified, and actively seek to understand root cause/s.
Skills, Qualifications and Competence
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in the design, development, engineering and manufacturing of products - preferably consumer durables (e.g. nursery / white goods / home appliances / leisure equipment / automotive).
- An appreciation and understanding of product costing, MOQs and supplier cost negotiation, and commercial acumen advantageous.
- Project Management experience is essential.
- Broad technical/engineering background with the ability to apply knowledge to real world situations.
- Must have knowledge of injection moulding and assembly with a sound knowledge of materials.
- Must have knowledge of metal pressing, extrusion, etc.
- Understand best practice for tooling design.
- Appreciation of standards and regulatory affairs within a similar industry.
Specialist Skills or Aptitude Required
- Proficient in SOLIDWORKS and ideally also FEA (may consider other 3d CAD packages)
- Use of drawing standards to BS EN 8888.
- Must be able to communicate ideas via hand sketching
- Electro mechanical development.
- Tolerance stack analysis.
- Solid experience of dealing with Far East supply base.
My client is looking to pay a salary circa £30,000 - £35,000 + pension + 25 days holiday + life assurance. My client is looking to interview the end of January to apply please send your most up to date CV to Rachael Dormer today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909053