1st Line Support Apprentice
This a fast growing busy IT Company that provides technical support services to SMEs throughout Yorkshire on IT and telecoms products and services.
Systemwork has excellent opportunities for a tech-minded individual looking to break into the IT MSP field.
In this role, you will respond to phone calls and tickets covering the installations and maintenance of the companies growing client base.
This includes using: Windows Server platforms, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Cloud Solutions, VMWare, routing, networking and desktop support. This will require a high attention to detail, good organisation skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Main role/ responsibilities
You will provide technical support from our Leeds city centre office between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Technologies you will work with (experience advantageous):
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server)
- Office 365 / G Suite
- VMware Esxi/VCentre Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- DNS, DHCP etc
- VPNs, Router and Firewalls
- Networking - WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching
- Anti-Virus platforms such as Trend Micro
- Backup solutions (Windows Backup, Acronis, Veeam)
- Friendly and responsive telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Self-motivation and task ownership
- Ability to escalate when required in a timely manner
- The successful applicant will be someone who has good experience in solving I.T related problems
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
35 Hours per week minimum, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909440