We are looking for exceptional software engineers to join our expanding software team and you should have a proven track record in delivering complex code to tight deadlines.
You should attack every problem with enthusiasm and share the team's passion for delivery and customer satisfaction. In return you will get to work in an environment where no two days are the same and where your contribution makes a real difference.
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in a computer science discipline, with a significant body of experience, preferably gained whilst working in a marine environment. You will be integral to the successful growth and development of the company and your role will include:
- Overall design and specification of the software elements of the control systems used by the business.
- Software development in C, C++ in a Unix based environment.
- Software development including hardware/software interfacing on Programmable Logic Controller's (PLC's).
- Control system commissioning and testing (in factory and at sea).
- Factory and customer acceptance trials including sea trials.
- Documentation including software user manuals.
- Working with sales engineers to estimate resources and timescales to develop control systems.
- Working closely with the entire design and development teams in both the UK and USA.
Key skills and experience:
You are expected to have the following experience, capabilities and interests;
- A suitable degree in computer science with excellent knowledge of subject matter.
- Proficient in C, C++ programming.
- Proficient in programming under Unix/Linux and have experience of Qt.
- Familiar with object oriented design principles.
- Ability to interrogate and debug a system.
- Good understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Appreciation of industry standard design tools and flows.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Well presented, motivated, practical and willing to go to sea for short durations.
- Able to work flexible hours and to travel when required.
The following attributes are desirable:
- A keen interest in robotics and unmanned vehicles.
- Experience of control system software development.
- Experience of software design patterns.
- Experience in the use of tools such as Redmine and Mercurial.
- Experience of Agile Software development methodologies.
- Experience in the development of electronic chart and radar software.
- An understanding of DC electrical systems.
- Experience in PLC programming.
- Experience of leading small software teams.
Experience of the marine environment, either through business or leisure activities, would be highly advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909235