NPD Manager - Personal Care / Cosmetics / Household
Science Solutions are currently recruiting an NPD Manager for a North West based consumer products manufacturer.
- Develop and oversee the developments of new products from concept to manufacture for cosmetic, personal care and household products.
- Compile & arrange for safety assessment to be carried out for cosmetic products.
- Upload information required for Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
- Help assist customers for setting up their account on the CPNP and what information is required
- Review claims and provide INCI / ingredient/ labelling requirement list for all products
- Carry out CLP calculation and determine appropriate hazard classification relevant products (e.g. household products)
- Sign off artwork
- Strong understanding in Biocidal Product Regulation( BPR) - what requirement is needed and when
- Provide technical support to blending.
- Provide QA/ analytical support to blending and production
- Amend and document changes to batch sheets. Generate batch sheets for new products
- Ensure traceability of lab work
- Ensure the traceability of raw materials used in production
- Manage the day to day work load of Assistant Chemist
- Generate MSDS for all products in accordance to regulations/ directive
- Provide or arrange documentation required for exporting products overseas
- Ensure the legality of the product for appropriate markets
- Order lab consumable items for both QC and lab
- Provide technical support e.g. provide information to waste management/ water usage to United Utilities/ relevant tax code for exporting products
Knowledge and experience:
- BSc degree or higher in Chemistry or related subject
- Significant experience within an NPD, Technical or formulation development role within the personal care, cosmetics, or household manufacturing industry.
- Prior management experience or the ability to demonstrate your management potential of a small team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79159865