Materials Planner (Graduate opportunity)
Our prestigious client based in Bracknell has an exciting opportunity to join their Supply Chain team as a Materials Planner.
Within Supply Chain you shall be exposed to all aspects of production - from new product development to factory optimisation, dealing with supplier troubles to ensuring outbound supply to some of the world's biggest retailers. This is not a desk-based role dealing with production in a distant land; you have the opportunity to be hands on with production in a daily basis.
The role would suit a Graduate with a degree in Engineering, Logistics, Maths or Physics
As a Materials Planner, you will be required to understand the stock levels and the needs of the factory be successful. You will have to be able to spot usage trends to build-up and run-down stocks where required and to see opportunities within the factory to improve efficiencies. A methodical, problem-solving mentality is essential; you will have to deal with issues on a daily basis. The ideal person will have enthusiasm and passion and the ability to be able to communicate with all levels of the business in the correct manner.
- To monitor, analyse and manipulate stock level reports to understand usage trends and assess future demands.
- To plan the purchase of raw materials (primarily pigments and chemicals) for the Bracknell site.
- To understand the limitations, strengths and weaknesses of the production site to permanently evolve planning methods.
- To work closely with the production planners to understand market trends and upcoming changes.
- To work closely with the procurement team to establish the best source for materials.
- To build strong business-relationships with suppliers and other external entities.
- To work closely with marketing on new product development to understand
The necessary requirements for the role:
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Advanced Excel skills is essential.
- Self-motivation and a sincere, enthusiastic approach are essential.
- A problem-solving mindset is essential.
- Rigorous organisation skills are essential
- Engineering/Mathematical/Scientific background is advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79145044