Micro Space Planner Apprentice - Support Centre
Selco - More than just a Job
Micro Space Planner
We're on the lookout for people like us; people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do. Together we aim to ensure that they get top-notch service every time. In fact that's our first core value: Customer first, followed closely by Entrepreneurial Spirit, Trust and Confidence, Responsibility, Ambition and Valuing Individuals. So if these values match yours, you're a perfect fit for Selco.
- Great eye for detail
- Desire to gain a comprehensive product knowledge of the merchant or DIY sector and associated market information
- Knowledge of modern merchandising, consumer shopping behaviour and store planning techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- PC literate e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook etc
- Full driving license
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the above as well as showing an aptitude for success through confidence, accuracy & team work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a busy Space Planning department as part of the Merchandising and Development team. Specifically, this role is to maximise profitability of range, space and display space solutions through the application of branch/space principles. This is a varied role where you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of new merchandising concepts and innovations.
You will be enrolled on a Retail Level 3 with Visual Merchandising Apprenticeship which will be funded by Selco.
- To support the space planning manager in the creation and implementation of range management, planograms and new merchandising concepts
- Build key relationships with operations, development, commercial and finance
- To work with development showing efficiency and competency on branch works
- To support operations with the production of tailored ranges for branches of differing sizes and trading patterns
- To develop and deliver the support package for all branch works
- To ensure the most effective and profitable use id made of available space in our branches, through sales and GP per square foot maximisation
- To support and maintain the relationship with building contractors, equipment suppliers and our nominated software supplier
- To maximise the sale of product through the development of accurate and practical planograms and merchandising layouts
- To manage the introduction of new ranges through to implementation in branch
- To generate space/sales statistics to ensure that informed decisions can be made regarding space allocation of products
- To develop innovative racking and equipment which enables safe and more effective product display
- To communicate all planogram and category changes to operations ensuring that they are within pre-agreed branch workload parameters with the relevant buyer
- To provide advice, recommendations with regard to merchandising, ranging opportunities and product productivity
- To take an active role in the range review process
- To make maximum use of the space planning test area
We're getting bigger by the year, and with new branches exploding into action nationwide, a brand new online purchase & delivery service and a click & collect service Selco is a proven market leader. The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
We offer a huge range of Company benefits including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme, childcare vouchers, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work, free Life Assurance and free Health Cash Plan.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78966188