SERVICED OFFICE / COMMUNITY MANAGER
An expanding cutting edge community campus based in NW London is looking for an experienced Serviced Office manager to manage a community & build an amazing rapport with occupiers with a view to expansion.
The individual must be self-motivated with minimum 2 years’ relevant experience, have strong people skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritise workload and to drive occupancy rates and grow within the role.
Key responsibilities for this position will include (Not limited to the list below):
- Managing and ensuring smooth day-to-day running of the office
- Monitoring desk rental aiming to drive high occupancy
- Finalising Desk contracts, rental payments & billings
- Managing the reception area – answering and diverting calls
- Accounts invoices, terms and condition & documentations for new clients with support from our in-house accounts dept.
- Input on new studio refurbishments within the Campus
- Filing and archiving
- Production and update of marketing reports
- Dealing/ liaising with clients & contractors
- Processing letters as required. Instruction letters for both sales & lettings
- Ensuring the building is always shown to the highest standard; kitchens, meeting rooms and communal areas should be immaculate and functional at all times.
- Monitoring cleaners & all sub-contractors
- Meeting room maintenance
- Assisting with clients moving in and their office set up including telephone requirements, and keeping on top of the administration e.g. access passes, internal phone lines etc.
- Providing full administration support to the Director
- Typing and compiling reports. Advanced Technology
- Creating power point presentation and reports
- Coordinating meetings – meeting & greeting clients, visitors & VIP’s. Refreshments for meetings
- Stationary orders & refreshments.
- Restocking of supplies
- BT – Telephone services for the site
- Breakout area management
- Management of parking spaces
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
Competent in all Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel, Power point & Outlook
Polite and confident telephone manner
Ability to drive sales
Manage own time effectively and prioritise workload
Experience at working to tight deadlines and under pressure
Be naturally a people-person who can easily build rapport with new and existing clients to maximise profitability
Positive energy and attitude
Graduate with minimum 2 years’ experience in serviced office management/client care.
This is a full time permanent position Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with 28 days holidays (including bank holidays).
Remuneration - Salary £32,000 - £35,000 STE plus performance related bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79157466