An innovative, expanding Law firm with multiple offices across the South East required a Revenue Controller to join their finance team and take responsibility for all aspects of Working Capital Management. The role requires you to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, building strong relationships in order to optimise revenues for the firm.
In this role you will:
- Meet fee earners and partners on a monthly basis to review their unpaid bills and aged WIP
- Identify write-offs and provisional balances
- Ensure that all departments are achieving their monthly and annual billing and cash collection targets
- Conduct monthly reviews of WIP
- Preparation of management reports,
- Credit control activities including:
- Telephone conversations with clients and fee earners
- Issuing reminder letters and statements by post and email
- Processing credit card payments and allocating funds to client matters
- Working through draft billing emails and taking appropriate action
- Processing exception reports on a weekly basis
- Responsible for specific Client departments; providing updates both over the telephone and in person on debt
You will also be responsible for resolving queries, daily banking of cheque and cash receipts and conducting credit checks of new and existing clients.
Previous experience of working in a law firm would be preferable, you should possess a strong knowledge of WIP management and a good working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT (desirable).
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79042742