Paediatric Complex Care Community Nurse - Birmingham
Paediatric Complex Care Community Nurse - Monday to Friday - Birmingham
Why Work for Pulse Community Healthcare?
- Nurse led service
- Access to our exclusive revalidation platform
- Ongoing training and development
- Train the trainer certification
- Chance to develop other members of staff so they can achieve their full potential
- Contribute to a service that allows our clients to live independently within their own homes
This is permanent, full time, Monday to Friday vacancy based at our Birmingham branch. Successful candidates will be committed providing high quality and safe clinical practice under the guidance and structure of the clinical governance framework.
The Paediatric Community nurse is responsible for overseeing all clinical aspects of care provision for complex, fast track and rapid response packages of care within the Children’s team in the Birmingham area. They ensure all support staff are able to perform specific clinical interventions through training, team meetings and competency sign off - all within our clinical framework:
- Ensuring implementation of the 6 Cs
- Undertaking comprehensive clinical risk assessments
- Maintaining best practise and promoting independence
- Facilitating and educating carers within packages; including compliance
- Managing own clinical caseload of clients
- Developing Client specific specialist training and compliance needs
- Producing and implementing clinical care plans
- Reviewing and monitoring clinical aspects of care packages
- Managing client’s clinical needs and maintaining relationships
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals within the clients’ MDT
- Participate within the Branch on call system
- Managing a caseload of Packages of Care from the initial assessment
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments
- Review and monitor care packages
- Undertake client visits within the community
- Identify Specialist training needs of Candidates
- Ensure care packages are fully compliant with Service level agreements
Pulse Community Healthcare was launched to deliver highly complex person-centred care packages to enable individuals to live within their own homes and communities for as long and as independently as possible.
Our local presence means we understand local communities and this has been hugely beneficial for our clients. You can be confident too that our quality assurance and clinical governance procedures are robust and not only meet, but exceed UK legal requirements.
You will be a Registered General Nurse with a strong Paediatric background or a Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (Valid NMC PIN essential) with good experience within an ITU or HDU environment. Experience working with tracheostomies and ventilators is vital - you must feel confident in your ability to assess others carrying out these clinical interventions as all of our clients have complex needs.
A car driver and owner is essential due to this role being predominantly community based