Senior Product Manager
Our client a company at the forefront of technology offerings to the insurance and automotive industry are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join their management team.
- Embrace the role of the Product Owner ; be responsible for maximizing the value of the product to the customer early in the development cycle, and the work of the development team.
- Work closely with the business teams to understand customer requirements.
- Ensure that the product backlog is accurate and up to date. Make sure it is clearly defined, ordered, maintained and visible to all stakeholders.
- Agree the sprint goal with the development team - work with the team to ensure that requirements are fully understood and that the design/implementation meets the customer's needs.
- Make sure that the Business case and Value Proposition are delivered.
- Maintain an active product roadmap and release plan for each product you are responsible for.
- Ensure that any changes are carefully considered, with a good feel for requirement prioritization.
- Analyse and define the detailed requirements, this includes - Facilitating requirement workshops, requirement prioritisation, creation of user stories/software specifications, process mapping, mind maps, and user interface designs.
- Support the development team by conducting impact analysis, test case reviews, assist with updating design standards, fielding questions, look at continual process improvements to gain better efficiency.
- Ensure the release documentation is completed; this includes release notes, quick start guides, user guides and training packs.
- Take the 80 on putting together product release plans, and creating proposals to present to the business for consideration.
- Manage stakeholder expectations; ensuring development progress is visible and clearly communicated to all.
- Support the Project Manager by reviewing plans, escalating any project risks, potential impacts.
- Take the 80 on consolidating development plans and feed the key dates into the main project plan. For some projects you may be required to conduct the role of the project manager.
- Take responsibility for delivery on time and to plan, within cost and to the agreed specification.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum development environment - eg Spotify model
- Worked as a Senior Product leader defining requirements for software - ideally with some additional exposure to business consulting, technology, systems integration or project management in digital environments
- Proven experience of business analysis and process improvement
- Creation of concise requirement document's
- Has experience interacting with external and internal customers, promoting solutions, facilitating requirements workshops
- Experience working with 3rd Party Development Teams
- Knowledge of the automotive and insurance industry (eg Auto/Property/Medical/Pet )
- Project Management experience
- A proven commercial "eye for opportunity" - able to spot new and maximise current revenue streams
- Track record of delivering fast moving, complex business change and IT projects
Please apply with an up to date CV for more information on this exciting role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79140802