Temporary Category Manager
I am currently recruiting a Category Manager on a temporary basis on behalf of a well established retailer in the East Midlands. Joining a successful buying team, the Category Manager is required to influence and implement the product strategy for the category that will drive competitive advantage and produce long term profitable growth and deliver against sales and margin targets.
Initially required for a period of 3-6 months with a view of supporting the business longer (perhaps on a permanent basis), this temporary role will offer exposure and responsibility in a team with an unrivalled culture.
To be successful in this temporary role, you'll need the following experience/attributes:
- Retail background and experience managing a category with a focus on product, costs and margins
- Excellent negotiation skills, ideally having dealt with suppliers in the Far East
- Strong communication skills; you'll be working cross-functionally, particularly with the NPD team
- IT literate and an analytical mind, especially with regards to competitor/pricing/market analysis
- Driven, ambitious and passionate to improve the category and your career
Interviews will be taken place next week with a view to starting at the end of January - please get in touch for more information and a full job specification.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78974373