Junior Designer - Ladies Formal and Outerwear
I have a Graduate Design position to work for a new supplier based in London but you MUST have a Formal Outerwear and Formal Tailoring background and demonstrate this in your portfolio with commercial handwriting
You will be working with another designer working on Formal Outerwear and Formal Tailoring. The position is very exciting and challenging working in this extremely fast paced business which will without doubt help to develop and progress your career. They are eager to see candidates who want to learn and develop within the business to help it grow so your career can grow with it.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Trend research and catwalk analysis
- Sourcing fabrics
- Have a good knowledge of and be able to develop commercial ranges for the High Street.
- Work with the team to assist in designing a collection and product development.
- Research and identifying key trends
- Produce detailed design technical packs
- Critical path management.
- Collate colour palettes, fabric and trims packs to send with design technical packs to manufacturers for sampling .
- Assist with admin duties
- MUST have Formal Outerwear and Formal Tailoring background
- Strong understanding of fabrics, prints, trends and have the ability to develop and adjust using CAD/Photoshop & illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills are essential in this fast paced, vibrant office environment
- The chance to learn on the job in an exciting team that wants to progress your career.
- Must be well organised with the ability to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Must be trend aware.
- Knowledge of fabric.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Eye for commercial product.
- Attention to detail
- Good eye for colour.
- Able to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79105661