Dorset (commutable from Poole, Wimborne, Blandford, Wareham, Dorchester, Weymouth)
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
My client is looking to recruit a Marketing Manager for their offices based in Dorset. As a core member of the marketing team, and the guardian of the brand, this role is responsible for developing and growing brand sales, equity and long-term profitability. The role holder will work closely with the Head of Marketing to set the strategic brand direction and then lead the brand team in all aspects of the branded business from the implementation of the brand plan, monitoring performance, measuring effectiveness and course correcting where required. A significant part of the role requires building and developing the marketing and business skills of the brand team.
1. Driving the strategic and commercial brand agenda:
* Setting 3 year vision, brand objectives and strategies
* Leading the development and delivering 3-5 year, consumer driven, innovation pipeline
* Managing internal relationships, especially sales, to support branded business needs
* Commissioning of research to identify insights which unlock profit driving ideas and business growth
* Investment planning, budget management, performance reporting and responsibility for delivering the annual profit budget
* Overseeing annual brand planning and marketing mix development
* Lead annual brand planning process
* Evaluation of marketing effectiveness and performance, proposing implications for business planning
* Understand the value chain to guide pricing decisions and channel / distribution strategies
* Being aware of beer quality performance and acting accordingly
2. Leading best in class creative development and TTL engaging communications:
* Rolling out and implementing the newly defined brand positioning and architecture
* Defining and delivering on on-line and off-line communication objectives and strategies
* Ensuring inspiring creative briefs that deliver disruptive ideas
* Ensuring brand is working with best in class agency partners that are enthused and inspired
* Agency performance, relationship management and selection
* Building trade and consumer advocacy
3. Team development:
* Coaching, direction and team motivation of three direct reports
* Training needs identification, P4P objective setting, development and implementation
* Team structuring to address business and development needs
Strategic thinking: Strategic and commercial thought leadership, to deliver strategies, commercial management and portfolio development which deliver sustained, profitable growth and make a successful brand.
Drive for results: Proactive monitoring and evaluation of performance, delivering timely course correction strategies and plans. Build and deliver brand plans which foster sustained levels of investment behind brand.
Creative, innovation mind-set: Delivery of breakthrough innovation and creative solutions which change consumer behaviour and drive trial. Accelerate brand growth via identification, development and launch of new innovation.
Winning at the point of purchase and consumption: Identify key growth drivers and focus allocation of resources accordingly. Oversee the implementation of consumer and trade marketing plans to ensure timely, impactful delivery against key consumer touchpoints. Ensure execution is consistent and in line with brand positioning, visual identity and creative idea. Focus the team against most strategically important touchpoints.
Develop a high performing team: Lead, motivate, coach and develop the brand team. Foster an environment of continuous improvement. Ensure ones-self and team members are in fruitful mentoring relationships, delivering their P4P and living the values.
* Educated to at least degree level or equivalent qualification/experience
* Experience in senior marketing roles, managing high profile consumer brands in the UK FMCG market
* Full mix marketing expertise, including trade (customer) marketing experience
* Evidence of unlocking insights from research and using them to drive growth
* Track record in new product development and innovation
* Line management experience
* Agency selection and management
* Profit and budget responsibility
* Lead multi-discipline teams
* Worked in a role where influencing key stakeholders is vital
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref - 22348
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78980243