Insight Analyst (SAS)
We are a team of data experts and operational Revenue Assurance professionals within Finance who provide analysis, modelling and insight on UK Home and UK Business revenue and volume.
This role is primarily focused on customer level bill estimation, forecasting and consumption modelling. The successful candidate will be a keen problem solver, able to work under own initiative and use data to deliver valuable insight that will drive Finance business decisions.
- Be at ease working with and reconciling large sets of disparate and ever-changing estimation, billing, invoice data and understanding underlying processes
- Have an interest in Machine Learning and how it can be applied to help Centrica improve billing estimation activities
- Have a systematic approach to spotting trends and hidden anomalies within large datasets and question your findings, ensuring the interpretation is correct
- Extract key findings and analysis from the data and translate into user friendly, easy to digest information that will be presented to your senior stakeholders
- Key advocate for data quality agenda and support improving Centrica Data Governance culture
- Understanding the key drivers of consumption and estimation accuracy through modelling and analysis for both residential and business customers
- Own and run business critical BAU tasks
- Support standardisation and rationalisation of activities across UK Home and UK Business
- Respond to technological developments and changing data sources
- Support and mentor analysts in the in the wider team including the offshore team.
Work experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of analytical software and programming including SAS, SQL and VBA. 70% of the role currently based in SAS so ability to code complex programs including SAS macro essential
- Experience of working within a big data environment (ideally Hadoop)
- Working knowledge of SAP Billing would be an advantage
- Experience of automating complex code (desirable)
- Experience of predictive modelling (desirable).
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously as a technical expert but also collaborate with peers to deliver standardised best practice processes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to present complex scenarios clearly and in a non-technical manner
- A good awareness of how the business operates, and the impact that outcomes can have
- Ability to review and shape Business improvement opportunities from Strategic conception through data analysis, modelling and forecasting
- Manipulate and analyse information and approach problems in a logical manner to bridge the gap between technical expertise and operational requirements
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to reconcile data and account for and explain differences
- Well organised individual who keeps code and key documents filed for easy retrieval, and can handle conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
Salary - Competitive
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79101785