Assistant Buyer - Accessories
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate who is passionate about developing a career in category management! Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about technology and retail?
From screen protectors and phone cases to headphones and wearables, Mobile Accessories is a key category for Carphone Warehouse, representing a large proportion of their turnover and investment. We work with all major international mobile accessories brands to present the best ranges, prices and promotions in all of our stores and on our website.
The assistant buyer/category manager will support the Mobile Accessories category manager in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver a compelling offer. This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever moving needs of our customers.
- Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
- Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
- Work with the Merchandising team to develop and deliver a comprehensive Merchandise area strategy that meets our customer needs and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information and present competitor packs highlighting key issues with conclusions and recommended actions.
- Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
- Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner what stock is required to support these plans.
You will need:
- Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
- Previous experience of stakeholder management
- Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78999834