Menswear Designer - Fast Fashion
Are you currently a fast-fashion Menswear Designer looking for your next step? We have an exciting Menswear Designer job opportunity available for this fast-fashion retailer based in their Central London head office. The brand is young and fresh and is looking for someone to come in and help shape the look of the brand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify trends and competitor analysis to input to Senior team
- Issuing of sketches, flat drawings and technical sheets which will be sent to their manufactures
- Holding regular fit sessions with the Garment Tech team, paying attention to quality control
- Action and approving of lab dips picking up any issues in a timely manner
- Following up with manufacturers during sampling and sealing process
As a Menswear Designer, the essential skills will include:
- Experience designing Menswear within a fast-fashion and trend led brand is essential
- Experience in both woven and jersey
- Technical knowledge on garment construction on all categories and finishes
- Pattern cutting knowledge and costing experience is beneficial
- Strong contemporary hand drawing skills and also the capability to work on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
You will grasp the understanding of the brands signature shapes and best sellers and communicate through commercial trend forward designs right for the brand profile. You will need to be a confident communicator, dealing directly with Manufacturers, Technical, QC and Buying teams.
This is an exciting period for the company who are going through change therefore a great time to join the business and make a real change. They are a small friendly company where you will have a voice and will be in a hands-on role.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please apply with an up to date CV today in a Microsoft Word format!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78938998