Due to internal promotion, we wish to recruit an aspiring Product Manager / Product Marketing Manager to join an established and growing product marketing team to define and drive the company’s global vision and strategy for a specific product portfolio and recently acquired product group.
BASIC: £40,000 -45,000 (DOE) + Group Benefits + 25 Days plus Stats
LOCATION: Based at our Head Office in Maidenhead. Circa 30% of your time offsite in EMEA and the US visiting our manufacturing sites and in support of our sales operations as “our Safety Solution Product Champion”
COMPANY PROFILE - Product Manager
* We are a market leading manufacturer, part of a £1bn International Group (FTSE 100) that employs 5800 personnel and operates in over 20 countries worldwide
* We manufacture and supply elevator safety, display and communication systems direct to elevator & elevator door manufacturers and associated elevator maintenance & modernisation contractors worldwide
* We have 4 R&D / manufacturing facilities across three continents and 14 sales offices globally
* We have four industry leading brands and in November 2017 we made an acquisition to add another market leading brand to our portfolio
PERSON REQUIREMENTS - Product Manager
Due to an internal promotion within the group, we wish to recruit a degree qualified (or calibre) Product Manager (or Product / Product Marketing Executive looking to step up) who meets the following brief:
* Product /Product Marketing Management experience within a business to business or regulation driven market. Any experience of working across international boundaries and through 3rd Party Channels is advantageous but not a pre-requisite
* We are open in terms of product and market experience as intellectual capability and personal characteristics are far more important than specific industry knowledge
What are key however is:
* Your ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment
* That you are a self-starter with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and direction
* Your ability to be an effective team player and comfortably work and communicate at all levels and across departmental boundaries
* Your ability to use your own initiative, build trust and solve problems creatively
* A flexible, hardworking and ‘can do’ attitude
* Succession planning is an integral part of our recruitment process and it is imperative we employ individuals who have the desire and capability to take on greater responsibilities both now and in the future.
* We offer the genuine potential for career development within our company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
JOB BRIEF - Product Manager
A detailed brief will be provided to shortlisted candidates, but as an overview, you will:
* Manage the life cycle of our Safety Solutions product portfolio; this includes lift door detectors, emergency telephones and GSM connectivity solutions
* Take responsibility for the integration of a recently acquired company’s product portfolio into our overarching group
* Define and implement our vision and strategy in relation to these product portfolios
* Define scopes and requirements for new engineering development projects
* Co-ordinate product launches: conduct training, prepare marketing collateral, and define initial stocking profiles
* Design, develop, and maintain the necessary sales tools to promote product ranges (i.e. competitor guides, presentations)
* Work with Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing colleagues to define variants and sales packages of existing products
* Measure and publish performance and payback of product ranges
* Be the “Marketing Champion” for the End-of-Life (EOL) process for obsolete products
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Product Manager reference JG1801-03 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683307 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78919148