Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of heating products and are approaching an extremely busy period with winter around the corner. An opportunity has arisen for a UK Procurement Category Manager to join our Procurement team within the UK Supply Chain function. The main purpose of the role is to effectively manage a number of supply categories across UK Operations in support of the requirements of the Business, in line with Local Procurement Strategies.
* Develop documented individual category / supplier strategic plans to include cost analysis, alternative supplier / supply solutions, supplier development plan, risk analysis etc.
* Manage negotiations with all Category suppliers to ensure key financial targets and other key performance indicators are achieved.
* Establish strong working relationships with all cross functional Group & Local stakeholders - specifically R&D, Quality, Product Management, Finance and Operations.
* Ensure the key safe behaviours of the UK business are incorporated into the full supply chain and its personnel.
* Positively demonstrate personal responsibility in encompassing this Key Value in all aspects of behaviour and colleague interaction.
* A minimum of 5 years in a Category Management Procurement role in a high volume manufacturing environment across a number of different key areas of supply.
* A proven record in delivering change and innovative improvements within Supplier Relationship Management.
* Ability to achieve demonstrable improvements in quality, reliability and cost management / improvement.
* Has the drive and passion for establishing and continually improving UK Direct Procurement Supplier Relationship Management principles.
* Has a strong desire to challenge current processes and relationships to effectively utilise best practice and innovative Procurement initiatives.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78917473