Product Development Coordinator
Think Specialist Recruitment is pleased to be working with an exciting, market leading company that produces sports products and toys, based in the Dunstable area. Due to their success and growth in recent times, they are looking to recruit a Product Development Coordinator to work on one of their exciting product ranges.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and have strong negotiation and management skills as the role involves all aspects of product development - from working with designers, engineers and factories to working closely with QA, sales and marketing to production.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic, hard working, graduate calibre candidates who are keen to learn and will pick things up quickly. Ideally candidates would have some previous merchandising, licensing or product development experience and/or the desire to move into the sports/toy industry.
This is an exciting chance to work for a market leading, rapidly expanding business where future opportunities can be earned!
Duties to include:
- Working for the Product team
- Managing the product approval process
- Coordinating development of product from initial concept through sourcing and costing
- Supply chain management
- Liaising with manufacturers in the Far-East
- Keeping track of product costings, price points and schedules
- Identifying new product opportunities
- Sending product information for approval and production
- Collating artwork, packaging and product designs for approval
- Requesting product samples
- Sending samples to relevant staff members/customers
- Liaising with external clients
- Ensuring products are shipped on time
- Seeking approval for orders
- Overseeing the production of multiple product lines
- Working within the licence agreement
- Fully IT literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Well organised, good levels of numeracy and analytical skills
- Graduate or graduate calibre
- Ideally some previous merchandising, licensing, or product development experience (or related degree)
- Bright, enthusiastic and hard working character
- Outgoing and friendly character
- Professional telephone manner - eloquent and polite
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, Human Resources, sales admin/sales support, accountancy & finance, marketing and IT Helpdesk.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79046241