The NPD Manager will manage the NPD Delivery process from the Creative to Launch Gates and ensure that all direct resources are set up to manage this process within the given critical paths. To ensure that support departments and matrix team members are aligned to these delivery goals also
- Development and delivery to market of new products (using existing or new equipment) in line with client strategy and project brief - as driven by the Innovation team.
- Ensuring excellent Retailer relationship, communication, management of project activities - including product presentations
- Takes the NPD lead and manages assigned projects. Allocates resources and is responsible for ensuring delivery and implementation in line with agreed critical path for timely factory launch.
- Proactively gains/maintains a clear understanding and knowledge of client manufacturing process capability.
- Gains/maintains a broad understanding of the Confectionery technology market place and presents ideas/technical solutions to business.
- Builds/maintains network of contacts and good relationships with suppliers of Confectionery materials. Utilises these resources and expertise to supplement and optimise product developments thus giving client a competitive advantage.
- Ensures effective cross functional collaboration - especially with Process, Operations and Technical teams - to deliver 'on cost/right 1st time' products to the factory thus ensuring development of products to defined briefs, which are 'Factory Friendly' (within known/agreed capabilities).
- Ensure all NPD concepts are developed within the boundaries of Company policies, shelf life and food safety requirements and also comply with Statutory Hygiene Legislation and the Company Personal Hygiene Codes of Practice along with relevant customer Codes of Practice.
- Manage the NPD delivery process (to cost and to time) from concept to successful hand over/factory launch through to PLR ensuring that all steps are completed and accurately documented.
- Follow any reasonable instruction or carry out any reasonable task given to you by a Director and other members of The Board of Directors or management team
- Extensive experience of working in an NPD or Innovations team
- Experience of developing new, innovative food products within a busy food manufacturing environment (preferably within the confectionery or chocolate industry)
- A Food Science or Technology qualification (BTEC or equivalent as a minimum)
- People management experience including the development of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, resource and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills at a technical and commercial level
Please ask for further details
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79041563