Global Footwear Category Manager - Men's Fashion & Unisex
We are looking for an exceptional, Heroic, internationally experienced Footwear obsessed Global Category Manager to join our iconic product team. Last year we sold 6 million pairs of boots and shoes to our customers, and we are looking for someone with unique vision and drive to continue pushing our brand forward by leading one of our most crucial categories.
Based at once of the coolest offices in Camden Town, London, You will be at the forefront of driving some of the world's’ most recognised and well loved products, creating compelling ranges by challenging and inspiring our design and development teams to develop innovative and creative solutions that will delight our customers. These are seriously big boots to fill. Think you might be up for the challenge? Read on.......
The Stuff that sets you apart
- You will own and drive the Men’s Fashion and Unisex Footwear categories. You will inspire the long term vision through an integrated product and merchandising plan that delivers on the business KPIs & brand vision.
- You will define, craft and implement the product category strategies and tactics, driving market penetrations, with a Consumer First mindset. You will drive and champion competitive offerings that will deliver sustainable and profitable growth in line with our 5 year business plan.
- You will develop strategic plans and product briefs that will address the needs of our targeted consumers across DTC and wholesale Channels.
- You will drive the range planning process from concept to consumer, managing range lifecycles and creating global range structures, working with key markets and regional heads.
- You will execute and produce best in class forecast planning and category analysis
- You will coordinate and champion strategic go to market plans with all functional leads of the business leading to a strategic seasonal roadmap for the category.
- You will promote the category internally and externally as an ambassador ((Commercial launches, proto review concept meetings) and you will lead, manage and inspire your team within the Category.
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Global Category Manager you will also possess these qualities:
- Significant, proven experience in a Footwear Category Management, Senior Footwear Product Management or Senior Footwear Merchandising role for a reputable global brand.
- Extensive experience in influencing senior executives to drive a global brand strategy. Your ability to inspire confidence is crucial to the success of the category.
- You are a leader that inspires and you have cast iron examples of how you have driven excellence through a team, developing and nurturing individual’s talents.
- High Level of Merchandising and product acumen and GTM/Concept to Consumer formulation.
- Proven ability to conduct consumer insights with a strong understanding of the global product & consumer landscape, and experience completing quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experienced in working in a fast paced multi-channel business across a global platform and channel mix. You thrive in changing environments. When the goal posts change you respond. You rarely get flustered and know how to roll with the punches.
- We are one big team at Dr Martens. Our brand heritage is something we are immensely proud of. We need you to fiercely nurture it.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79039848