Desktop Analyst Apprentice - 05225
With the global gaming market set to grow by over £15 billion in the next 3 years, opportunities for development within the UK games industry have never been better!
Baltic Training and Sony are delighted to be recruiting for an IT apprentice to join their well-established team based in Soho, London. Since the first PlayStation was launched in 1994, Sony have carved a fantastic reputation for themselves. From gaming technology to the newest video game releases, Sony create unbelievable experiences and bring incredible adventures into homes worldwide! If you think you could inject passion and enthusiasm into this fantastic opportunity, then read on!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be mentored by existing members of staff and trained to;
- Provision of desk side support for WWS studio development & game production staff; including software and hardware troubleshooting
- Workstation and laptop setup and hardware upgrades
- Management of AV installations and conference room IT technologies
- Software updates and changes
- Providing support at events
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Passion for IT
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Foundation Level IT Knowledge
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals
- An understanding or Windows Servers
- Basic understanding of backups
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Good understanding of Networking / Routing
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English
- Passion for IT
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- Full time (37.5 hours per week) 9.00AM - 5.00PM
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Quarterly Sony PlayStation game allocation
Location and travel:
The role is located in close to Oxford Circus tube station, no parking available.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79027722