Product Support Coordinator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, well organised and highly motivated individual to join a well-established and growing organisation within the travel industry, based in Swaffham.
The successful candidate will assist in the day to day running and administration of various products, and eventually take over some of our current destinations in terms of overseeing them and liaising with suppliers on a regular basis. This will involve travel, possibly up to four weeks a year, to meet with hoteliers, transportation providers, restaurants, attractions, local guides etc.
Negotiation will be a big part of the job, so the successful applicant will need to demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills.
General aspects of the job will be as follows:
- Answering the telephones to speak to guests and sell products/services as well as answering general enquiries
- Making the occasional outbound call a few days prior to customer departure to see if they have any concerns or queries
- Learning about the various places the company operate within to be able to sell it to customers
- Finalising holidays - A very important aspect of the job. In order to do that you need to learn the products you are working on fully as well as to have a good understanding of different aspects of the business such as taking bookings and adding people to holidays that have been prepared as well as the company philosophy of making sure all guests requests are taken care of. You will need to follow the company procedures in an exact fashion
- Setting up holiday arrangements in advance (for established products) with all suppliers including dates and times and constantly keeping our suppliers updated
- Working alongside Product Managers and update and oversee the tour specific paperwork being sent out to both the guests and the Tour Manager
- Regular meetings with different departments within the business to discuss progress, strategies and plans. Discussions should include how sales are going on particular tours, if further mail shots/promotional activity are required to boost sales on particular holidays
- Working closely with the customer service team to help provide customer feedback (letters, emails and phone calls) and reply in a prompt and professional manner.
- Working closely with the accounts team to ensure all products/holidays are priced and set out correctly and invoices are sent out in the correct time frames etc.
- Liaising with suppliers on a regular basis regarding a range of queries
- Gaining an understanding of how to prepare tours for departure (preparing pre-departure paperwork, preparing hotel rooming lists, paperwork for Tour Managers etc.).
- Attending various industry specific events to help gain market knowledge as and when required
- A good patient and pro-active telephone manner is required.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Certain times of the year may mean that you need to stay late or come in early to finish a project.
- Ability to follow written procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer literate
Salary for the role is £18,500, but is subject to regular pay reviews and increases based on personal performance. Working hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. You would also be required to work 9:00am - 12:30pm on every 3rd Saturday, however you will recieve an afternoon in lieu for each Saturday morning worked.
To apply for the role please do so via the link on this webpage. Alternatively please contact Jack at OSR Recruitment for more information.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79003004