Product Executive - Specialist Tour Operator
Product Executive - Specialist Tour Operator - Hampshire £ 20,000 - £ 22000
This prestigious specialist Tour Operator, operate a range of specialist group tours from end to end and you will be part of a small team who have ownership over the design, development and delivery of the tour programme.
Product Executive - Responsibilities:
- Supporting the product manager in researching new products, compiling competitor and market analysis to better inform the creative process
- Load and update tours onto the company's database Contract and negotiate product content
- Analyse feedback and recommendations from previous tours.
- Co-ordinating activities with other departments to ensure maximum exposure and sales.
- Overseas travel for recce trips, meet suppliers, attend trade shows.
- Ensure all website images and content for product is displayed accurately
- Support the sales team with product training and information.
- Delivery of product on ground - book all services, arrange, manage and review logistics.
- Recruitment and allocation of relevant tour managers.
- Review tour manager performance and discuss relevant amendments. Pre-tour calls and post tour reviews with tour manager.
- Incident management on tour, support and advise tour manager where needed or raise to crisis team.
- Attend and add value to pre tour health checks, post tour surgeries
- Produce appropriate tour schedule documentation needed by ground staff to manage the tour
- Ensure internal system is updated with latest arrangements and amend when needed.
- Liaise with Tour Staff to ensure they are briefed on latest policy and developments.
- Check and organise tour budgets
- Review feedback and ensure consistent improvements on next tours.
- Create tour cost sheets, load into company system.
- Price up bespoke requests and turnaround within 24 hours.
- Ensure margins are correct in the system, obtain rate of sale data from analysts and suggest amendments to TBR, Follow up on these and implement.
Product Executive - skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a previous travel role.
- An interest in cultural and experience rich holidays.
- Must be financial numerate and been have profit and loss account experience.
- Must be collaborative and be able to work in a team based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ''hands-on''.
- High ethical standards, analytical ability.
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges.
- The ability to negotiate, think commercially and influence.
- Understanding of another language preferred but not essential .
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78685372